technology at annette
We have been working hard at Annette to build a mobile technology library to enhance our classroom programs. Presently we have a borrowing library of:
We are a Google School!!
Over the last 3 years our students and staff have been exploring Google Apps for Education (GAFE). Google Apps for Education is a set of cloud based tools and software that are designed for classroom needs. Students are using Google Docs for collaboration with their peers and their teachers. Some of our junior and senior classes are also using Google Classroom. One of the great things about GAFE is that students can access their documents, presentations and Google Classrooms from home and continue to work on assignments, and projects with ease, without needing to save files and carry flash drives back and forth. Students can log in using their student numbers and passwords anywhere they have access to the internet. There is a link to the login page in the top right corner of this website.
Students can also use Read and Write Gold with Google Docs or Google Voice Typing (speech to text) feature to assist them with their writing. For more information on how to access the Google Drive from home and instructions on using Voice Typing, click here.
Teachers can request and sign out equipment to use with their students. Some of the ways this technology has been used includes:
- Kindergarten students taking pictures on their nature walks with digital cameras
- Grade 1 and 2 students creating Popplets (presentations)
- Grade 5 and 6 students creating iMovie commercials
- Junior students creating book reviews using iMovie
- Grade 2 and 3 students practicing their math facts and cursive writing using iPod touches
- Grade 1 and 2 students creating a classroom literacy blog